Sports Grant 2018/19
High Down Infant School has been awarded the sum of £18,800 to use for sport funding from September 2018 to August 2019.
The money is being used as follows:
- PE co-ordinator release time/supply costs.
- Supply and transport costs to enable teachers to take groups of children to multi-sports competitions during the academic year
- Purchase of new PE equipment and resources
- PE coaches / CPD for all teachers
- Dance coaches / CPD for all teachers
- Wow day workshops
- To enhance the whole school sports week with external providers in the summer term to broaden the range of experiences for the children.
- Lunchtime sports coaches provision for KS1 playgrounds
- PE observations/learning walk
The impact of sports funding on pupils’ PE and sport participation and attainment so far includes the following:
- Professional development for teaching and support staff
- The school has entered and had continued success in a wide variety of tournaments and competitions
- Improved resources have contributed towards enhancement of our pupils’ sporting experiences and performance
- The children have been able to try out new sports and learn new skills
- We offer our children the opportunity to attend a wide range of after school sports clubs with financial support available for pupil premium children.
- To improve and enhance positive, energetic play at lunch times.
Please see below for School Sports Premium Impact Reports. Swimming stats for Y6 children included in report.
HDJS Sports Premium Impact Report 2019-20
HDJS Sport Premium Impact Report 2018-19
HDIS Sports Premium Impact Report 18-19